Saturday 13 December 2014

Making LED HD Video Projector

Everybody wants to watch there favorite movies or sports on big screen. So they are plan to buy video projector. I also crazy about projectors. But there are too costly HD projectors available in the market. If you are looking hd projector in the market,there is starting price approx 30,000/- INR. It is very over budget for me. So i planing to make myself HD projector that project about 100" screen.
                                                                               After lot of research on Google i decided to make pj with 100w high power led and 7" 1280*800 LCD panel. The LED consume very less power and much life.

Here is the test result of my pj






Things that i used in my pj.-

  1. Play wood (mdf) sheet to make box
  2. Fresnel lens. I used 120mm fl and 185 mm fl
  3. Triplet lens. I used 200mm fl
  4. Condenser lens 
  5. 100w high power led with driver
  6.  LCD panel and its controller. I used 1280*800 7” HD lcd and controller.
  7. 12v adapter for exhaust fan and lcd 
  8.  Cpu exhaust fan to make projector cool
  9.  CPU heat sink for led

  The basic concept of making pj is here -




The LCD that i used is here -



Lens arrangement in Projector  -

Here Is the LED Assembly -

 

  Controller Fitting- 

 

Final Projector Ready For Action -

Front View

Back  View

31 comments:

  1. from where i can get the parts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How far away is the projector from the wall, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its approx 10 feet away from the wall and projection screen size approx 100"

      Delete
  3. Please provide the model no of LED controller. As well as 12v adaptor details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how much it cost total to make 100" size projector??

    ReplyDelete
  5. In ebay it is showing colours for led which colour should we take??

    ReplyDelete
  6. i tried your thing but the brightness in low and i dont get corner screen only the middle one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you set wrong side of fresnel lens try to reverse it.

      Delete
    2. Did u get corners corrected...if yes how did u get??

      Delete
  7. Hi friend tell me the detailed connections you have made, and share the details of adapter u used..thank u

    ReplyDelete
  8. This would cost like at least 14 to 15k if not more than that... how is that any good? how much did it cost u to make it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi .

    I am in gujrat and in my city I could not find some parts.

    Can you please post here eBay.In links for all the parts your uesed , so all readers can benefit and get the exact parts and don't West time and money in wrong parts . Please post kare.

    Please pit here the link of parts .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the good information,

    Regards,
    www.imediasolutions.in

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello!
    Can you please tell the exact box size for the projector....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can you please tell me the exact box size for the projector...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 40inch by 22 inch but don't copy paste its also depend on led driver size that to be fit in box.

      Delete
    2. is it 40*22'inch or 40 *22cm ?

      Delete
  13. Hi Kehal,
    Quite a good and useful project you have shared. Thanks very much for your effort. Could you please how me how I can take the raw audio output to play it through my home theater system? Is there any option available?
    Warm regards,
    Syed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes there is a audio output port available in lcd controller panel. So you can play audio in your home theater system.

      Delete
  14. Plz tepl me what is your lcd model,and lvds cable pin count,is it 40 pin or 39 pin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my first projector I have 40 pin model then there was only 39 pin modle available in market. So in my next projector I used 39 pin model. There is no difference in feature both model are same excepr pin configuration.

      Delete
  15. Sir 8 inch wala full hd monitor kam me aa sakta hai kya sir

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Kehal, can you please tell me what is the diameter of your projector(triplet) lens, if possible please let me know from where can we get it

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very helpful review. Many of these questions I regularly use but you reminded me of some others - the prediction question and overcoming the urge in particular - which I shall revisit. Useful summary to share with on Projection Screen.

    ReplyDelete